July 24, 2015

A day to learn

I am currently on my medicine rotation and we have a fixed routine. Every morning we have a case discussion by first year residents, then ward rounds and then an evening class where we take a case by rotation. There are many things that I have learnt in these past two weeks and my recent posts have been about what I have gained from these classes and not found in textbooks. It's like my personal way of bookmarking and access it from wherever I want to and you guys can benefit from it too.

Today, instead of the usual history taking and examination we just looked at some findings in different patients, We finally palpated a liver and a spleen and again a liver (but this time by dipping method). It just bounces right back at your fingers. YES!


We also palpated a supraclavicular lymph node. And we saw swan neck deformity. And. And. We saw spider nevi. It's not as big as it looks in the books. It looked like a small red papule.

Today was one of the days where I wanted to see more. Feel more. Know more. Not read. But experience. Aah! I love such days.

No comments:

Post a Comment